Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Man of Many Talents

It was such a quiet morning at the shop that I was able to completely rearrange one of the cube stands before the second customer even walked in the door.

At midday, I was wondering what had happened to all of those holiday makers and it looked like being our worst Saturday morning on record, but just as I began to wallow in my mini puddle of negativity, the shop filled with people and the last one didn't leave until 1.45pm. We usually close at 1pm!

So the first day of school holidays was a success - though not without difficulty - the square reader that acts as our cash register decided to freeze the scan option, so the only way I could complete any of the transactions, was to manually input all the numbers on all the visa and master cards.

That was annoying and I tried everything except shutting down the iPad, which I will try on Monday if it's still causing problems.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay to pick up the kitchen cabinets which came flat packed. The progress so far ...


He's a talented man.

After I arrived home, I had just enough energy to get the washing off the line, put another load in the machine and check out Adoring Husband's effort in the kitchen before I collapsed on my lounge chair for a well earned rest.

I took a meal out of the freezer - spaghetti bolognese sauce to which I added zucchini noodles - for AH's dinner.

I'm watching the football and hoping that Souths win so that Adoring Husband has a chance at winning some cash in the footy tipping competition. If not, we'll have to try again next year!

It's not looking good at this point.

I'm not sure what Sunday will bring. I may open the shop for a few hours, but it depends on how I'm feeling. I may spend the entire day in bed! Or I may be motivated enough to do some housework. Who knows.

Wait and see.

Nite all.  

No comments: