Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Visions

I did a meditation tonight - in my lounge room - with the TV going - beside Adoring Husband - with my head phones in - and was interrupted by AH when he said good night (ugh, but in his defence, he had no idea what I was doing) - but DURING that meditation, while my eyes were closed, I had a vision!

A young man in his mid 20s was walking up the driveway to The Happy Abode and beside him was a little girl around the age of 4 or 5 and she had her hands cupped and outstretched in front of herself. As she approached me, she partially opened her cupped hands and there inside was a tiny little dead bird.

I gasped and said "awwww" and looked at her sad little face.

With that, the vision vanished.

No idea how to analyse that one!

The other thing that happened was my vision was like a blank canvas that turned turquoise blue and I could feel water lapping at my feet.

That might relate to the pool???

Anyway, my day was spent at home.

I juiced some celery for breakfast and I reheated a coffee that I'd bought on Saturday afternoon and had put into the fridge so that I wouldn't have to leave the house today.

I listened to my Medical Medium book which told me a lot about Epstein Barr Virus (the virus that the naturopath told me I had when I was at the Canberra Health & Wellness Festival last year). It also offered some good advice to help clear it from my body.

I removed myself from the bed mid morning and prepared dinner for tonight - actually there are four meals of spaghetti bolognese sauce now in the freezer.

I made a slushy of pineapple, watermelon, papaya and lemon. Yum.

I removed the bedding and replaced it with fresh new bedding ...


... took washing off the line and folded it. Did a couple of loads of washing before deciding to make some prawn toast for lunch. It was delicious but I ate too much and had to have a nap afterwards!!

I watched a couple of rom/com movies while I waited for AH to return home from Fraser Island after a very successful SES training exercise.

Now my Sunday is over and I'm off to bed for even more sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: