Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 17, 2018

Felt Like Sunday

I forgot that it was Monday and enjoyed it as if it was Sunday!

Not that it matters.

I had fresh celery juice for breakfast, which, I must say, tasted pretty disgusting! In past experience, celery juice was quite watery and a bit sweet, but this one was bitter and I struggled to finish it. I know it has amazing health benefits, especially for my struggling liver, so I can put up with it.

Adoring Husband brought me a coffee quite late in the morning and I enjoyed it as I listened to my Medical Medium book while I sat up in bed.

The tiler man came to tile the floor of the outdoor/indoor kitchen and the tiles look amazing. He will grout them tomorrow. Adoring Husband is feeling pretty pleased with himself for a great selection of tile.

I made a big nosh up of bacon, eggs, mushroom, onion, tomato and zucchini for AH's lunch. I pinched a couple of bacon rashers for myself and we drank the leftover slushy juice from yesterday - pineapple, watermelon, pawpaw and lemon.

An afternoon coffee was also enjoyable.

AH had a toasted sandwich for dinner followed by blueberries and ice cream for dessert.

Almost all of my day was filled with listening to and taking notes from my book.

I also realised halfway through the morning, that today marks 27 years since I began my working life as a Public Servant, so I posted on Facebook. While my original thought was just to announce the fact, I kind of got carried away and posted this instead ...

Due to a very early marriage and having children, I was a late starter, but today marks 27yrs since I began work as a public servant at CES in Griffith, where I made some great memories and great friends.

That was a huge step for me, from being a single Mum on a pension and living in a housing commission neighbourhood where Molotov cocktails and police sieges were the norm, to being a working girl in a secure job and soon owning a home. It took a year of full time study and some soul searching and confidence building to get there, that’s for sure!

The Roz then and the Roz now are two different people.

After some very questionable life choices, a bit of hard work, some much needed personal development, and a very generous and loving Universe which was completely open to my wishes, I feel blessed to have manifested a life that is filled with comfort, love and happiness and is much more than I ever dreamed (back in those days) would be possible.
I am a very lucky human 💖

(Who knew that a simple work memory could trigger so much gratitude?)

... I had a pretty big response from my FB friends and while that wasn't my intention for posting it, I was pleasantly surprised by some of the nice comments and who posted them - especially a couple of old workmates.

Now I'm going to listen to more of my book.


See you girls in the morning for coffee!

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you Roz!!

So very glad you kept going and were able to achieve so much!

Congratulations!