Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Calm Before The Storm

That's what it feels like in the shop.

The school holidays commence this Friday and the tourists will all be arriving thick and fast, but at the moment it's very quiet.

The caravan parks are about 1/3 full and there are only overnighters filling spaces leading up to the permanent bookings for holidays.

We are now seeing our first customers from when we opened last year, returning for their annual holiday, so it's nice to welcome them back as they walk through the door.

Those overnighters come into the shop for a browse or to fill in ten minutes and then leave empty handed.

Having said that, today went so fast and I don't feel like I accomplished anything!

We had three new faces, including our first male participant at meditation, which made for an interesting morning. The subject that The Gypsy chose to discuss today resonated very much with me so I especially enjoyed the session.

We have a new table in the centre of the shop, so we can display a few more items there PLUS a new glass cabinet which I have to put together some time over the coming days.

Our signage is still leaning against the wall in the training room too, so that needs action soon.

The tiler finished tiling the floor of our indoor/outdoor kitchen and the electricians finished the wiring, so we now have lights.

We are very close "P" day!!

"P" = "Pool"

The pool guy is coming in the next couple of days to make sure we have cleared enough in our yard for them to start.

I'm concerned about our avocado tree because it has just one avocado growing (still many more buds appearing - just not fruiting as yet), but the single avocado is on the pool side of the tree and it's highly likely that it will be knocked off by machinery. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Ok, 10pm, must get some sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: