Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Timed Out

My time off has timed out and I'm back to work tomorrow.

I've enjoyed my week off, but I'm very much looking forward to returning.

We had a long morning coffee with the girls this morning which lasted for more than two hours and there were lots of snorts and giggles.

I followed that with a twenty minute bare-foot walk along the beach before I met up with Adoring Husband to drive into The Bay to get some office supplies for The Happy Abode, to buy some more organic celery for my morning juicing, and to purchase some more crystals ...


... that is a very large rose quartz natural rock which I intend putting in the garden beside the pool ... I also plan on purchasing more of those!

AH and I also enjoyed a delicious lunch of Creamy Garlic Prawns at Aquavue on the waterfront.  It feels like forever since we lunched out together!

I stopped to browse some lovely tops in a clothing shop, but the only one I liked was the most expensive one there and I feel that I spent my self imposed limit for the month last week while we were there. Probably two month's worth actually. So I refrained.

Even my lotto winnings weren't enough to cover that expense, but $33 was a pleasant surprise and more than enough to buy a ticket in the $30million Powerball this week. Fingers crossed for a bigger prize that I can brag about and share to make a few lives more comfortable.
Meditation tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. I will listen to more of my book before I doze off.

Nite all.

No comments: