Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It's Here!

Look what happened today ...




When I announced that this was going to happen, a friend of mine said to me that whatever mess I imagined would happen with a pool build, multiply it by 100 to get close to how messy it really is.

She was right.

Not just in the yard, but through the house and through the neighbour's houses! Luckily, one of our neighbours will be working for the pool guy, so at least he gains something from the experience!

So the day started with the heavy machinery arriving in our back yard at 6.30am and the psychotic dogs going 'OFF' with all the strange faces and machinery and noise.

The pool guy asked us where we wanted everything as far as landscaping went, so that he could figure out where to put the pool. He gave us a rough idea of the pool size by laying out his tape measure in the freeform shape that he suggested.

Before I'd left for work, they had levelled the raised garden beds and were able to show us properly where the pool would go.

After I'd left for work, there was a problem with a sewer pipe that had to be redirected and luckily (again) the local plumber was available to do the work immediately!

Next, we remembered the giant pool umbrella that needs to be concreted into the ground beside the pool, which we hadn't organised or ordered yet, so Adoring Husband contacted the umbrella guy who, luckily (again) was going to be in our area this afternoon, so he added us to his list of visits.

After he spoke to AH and our pool guy, he came to the shop so that I could choose colours. The umbrella should be ready in three weeks.

My last customer for the day came into the shop just before 3pm and didn't leave until 3.30pm and didn't even make a purchase (which makes her a non-customer!) so I had time to grab a coffee just before the umbrella guy arrived.

He stayed for about 30 minutes and then I made a quick trip to The Motivator's house to look at all the lovely work she has been doing in her house and to tell her about our pool.

Knowing that AH would be at home waiting impatiently for me to come see the progress in our back yard, I finally made it home at around 5pm.

By the time we looked at the hole and discussed everything that had happened and everything that is yet to happen, it was almost 6pm and I hadn't got anything out for dinner so we decided to go to the local cafe to get take away.

While we waited for the food to be prepared, we went for a quick walk along the beach. It was very windy and very cool and the water was cold, so we only lasted for about ten minutes - which was just right because by the time we returned to the cafe, our food was ready.

Best decision ever.

The food was good and I didn't have to do anything.

It's after 10pm and I'm exhausted. It was a busy day in the shop and a busy afternoon and I'm done.

Nite all.

No comments: