Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Sweeping Winds

Gale force conditions in town today.

Even though I tied our sign to the shop, it still blew down and at one stage, almost landed on a child coming through the door! That could have been disastrous!

It was busy except for the last hour, which is when I took some photos to post on the Facebook page.

Morning coffee with the girls was nice, with our numbers down, but a fresh face in the mix with Tweedle Dee's (new name yet to be announced) friend visiting. It was also lovely to see Lady Lynn's smiling face return to our fold!

A couple of our customers from last week returned to say their farewells before they left town. Another brought her two daughters in with the last of their holiday money to spend before they returned home to Brisbane. It's nice that we make the kind of connection that brings people back to say goodbye before they leave town.

The blind fell off our back door and Adoring Husband fixed it.

The 'gift shop' sign fell off the front door and Adoring Husband fixed it.

I was searching through my library for photos to put into a calendar when I come across these ...







It certainly looks a lot different now!

In a few week's time, I'll have a similar series of photos for our back yard!

I'll leave you with something inspiring and then I'm off to bed.


Nite all.

No comments: