Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 1, 2018

Publicly Holidaying

It was a public holiday and our town was a hive of activity today. There was another constant stream of people through our shop and snap button jewellery was again the focus of everyone's attention. There were even return customers from Sunday to buy Christmas gifts for family.

It was busy enough that The Gypsy and I only had about fifteen minutes to chat!

I stayed open for an extra hour because at 1pm, the shop filled with people who all wandered around for quite some time but failed to open their wallets. They were obviously killing time until their food was prepared at the cafe, so at 2pm when I closed the doors, not one of them had spent a solitary cent.

Ah well.

We had an appointment with Kiwi Bernie this afternoon to discuss the decking and gazebo build. He brought Woman of Many Talents with him and we all spent time outside around the pool measuring, brain storming, choosing colours/sizes/styles and trying to picture the finished product.

Actually, none of that is true. I made all the decisions myself, so I only have myself to blame if it all turns pear shaped.

I didn't wear any shoes or thongs, so I came inside with the blackest feet you've ever seen. Nothing that two minutes in the shower with the spray nozzle couldn't fix.

As of this morning, my thumb has decided to re-ignite it's infection and I used colloidal silver gel with a bandaid to tide me over for the day - it wasn't good enough - so this afternoon I have alternated between colloidal silver spray and super strong saline solution made with half a bucket (I exaggerate) of Himalayan salt with boiled water.

It is swollen and tight and hot and throbbing (I'm talking about my thumb...) and very unpleasant.

Woe is me.

Adoring Husband wants me to make an appointment with a doctor, but you all know how I feel about doctors. Of course, if or when I feel like I'm losing the battle, I will make the call.

We bought some pork chops from the butcher this morning and AH cooked them on the barbecue - they were the biggest and thickest pork chops I've ever seen in my life! They almost filled the entire surface of the dinner plate and were more than an inch thick!

AH had to eat his chop first and then go back for the salad because there wasn't enough room for both on his plate! My chop has only one bite taken out of it because I ate a sausage with salad.

Now I'm off to bed to nurse my thumb to sleep - perhaps drugs are in order to ease the pain?

Nah.

Nite all.

No comments: