Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 4, 2019

New Week

I arrived at work nice and early this morning.

Adoring Husband drove me there because the weather was looking ominous. During the day, there were quite a few heavy showers with strong winds, so I'm glad my trike wasn't parked in it's usual position to be whipped by the weather.

AH stayed and helped me clear the remaining furniture and stock out of the training room so that I could set it up for Wednesday's meditation.

The Gypsy was in-house today and we had heaps to catch up on - as always, I enjoyed our day together and the time flew until suddenly it was time for her to leave! She left at 2pm and I tied up a few loose ends before AH arrived to pick me up.

Just as AH had finished bringing everything inside and he locked the door, there was somebody attempting to push the door open! We invited her in and she had a look around, picking a couple of things that she will return tomorrow to buy. She wandered around for about 10 or 15 minutes and then left declaring that she would be back in the morning.

We did some grocery shopping and came home where I'd planned on spending some quiet time in the Bali hut, but AH decided to mow the lawn so I hung out some washing and put more in the machine, then I went to the kitchen and made some fruit whip ice cream, some toffee nuts, a roasted pumpkin & spinach salad, a garden salad and some garlic mushrooms.

I asked AH to fire up the barby to cook the chops and we realised that the chops were still in the fridge at The Happy Abode! A quick trip to the shop and a little while later, we were sitting down to dinner.

It's 9.30pm and comparatively speaking, it's quite early, but I really need sleep, so I'm signing off right here, right now.




Nite all.

No comments: