Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 8, 2019

Low Down

The battery on my laptop is at 9% and I have left the charger at work, so I need to make this really fast ... no dilly dallying.

I won a big meat tray in the club raffles tonight, but swapped with Blonde Bombshell for her prize of a Corned Beef because my meat tray was full of crumbed meat - gluten. Ugh.

It was a winning night for me on the pokies too, so I'm a happy Chappy.

We had a crazy quiet day in The Happy Abode, but I noticed this afternoon, that a lot of vans filled the caravan park and the Bowls Club was FULL of tourists tonight, so things may be picking up!

Our local markets are on in the morning and that usually brings a few people to the shop afterwards.

I'm excited that NRL football starts again next week! Yay for footy season!

Adoring Husband and I have joined the club footy tipping comp and I've opened the family comp again. There are six of us who compete every year for the prize of 'dinner at my place'. My sister has still not claimed her prize from a couple of years ago.

It's going to be a big day for me tomorrow.

Work in the morning.

High tea at Arkarra Tea Gardens in the afternoon.

A 70th birthday party tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I can't believe how social my life has been this year! It's exhausting!

Sunday is going to be a complete day of rest and I'm going to need it.

Right now, I'm off to bed. I need plenty of sleep to get through tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: