Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

On a High

It has been a big day.

I was motivated to get out of bed early and make myself presentable for this full day ... with no time for showering, changing or beautifying between engagements, I had to pick my look and make it stretch for the entire day.

We opened the shop early, hoping to take advantage of the market crowd and even though a few came in, they were mostly tyre kickers. Support from the locals is what made the morning a success.

I found out some interesting town/community information and I took the opportunity to tell the Progress Association that I wasn't happy about their lack of support for local businesses.

I paid some bills and responded to some emails, tidied up the desk and sideboard and did some accounting.

Adoring Husband arrived at 12.30pm and we began closing at 12.50pm. We pulled out of the driveway at 12.59pm.

This gave me enough time to freshen my make up and put some things into a handbag and be waiting for my lift to take me to High Tea at Arkarra Tea Gardens ...





The food for the non-GF people - that would be The Brains Trust, Lady Lynn and Beauty, looked delicious and included mini quiches, croquettes, sandwiches, mini wraps, lemon custard tarts, macaroons, cherry ripe tarts, mini muffins, pumpkin & olive scones, normal scones with jam and cream and fudge.

My GF plate consisted of a crepe with ham and slaw, a raspberry custard tart and a pear and walnut muffin. I have to say that the crepe was delicious and I could have eaten two or three of them! Our tea was too strong and not hot ... but at the end of the afternoon we ordered cappuccinos and lattes, which was not part of the deal and they were offered 'on the house'.

The best part of the afternoon was spending time with my girls. I love you girls 🤗

Beauty dropped me at home around 4.30pm and I had time to, once again, freshen my make up, brush my hair and change bags before climbing into the car and heading to the big 70th birthday bash at the local pub.



We were a little late, but there was already a big crowd and it took a good 20 minutes to get through the room saying hello to everyone as we went.

AH got me a drink and I found a seat between Chef Pat and Whingeing Pom sitting across from Blonde Bombshell and Mrs Mack. I signed the joint birthday card, tasted some (apparently) GF food - but most of it had already been eaten by the non GF eaters, so sadly, all I got was some tater tots. Luckily my tummy was still full from High Tea.

Everyone was so excited to see AH out and about, he was kept busy chatting with every man and his dog.

I had a football conversation with Mr Bronco, a Sydney conversation with Angry Angry Lady, a pest control conversation with Chef Pat, a cleansing conversation with Woman of Many Talents, a jewellery conversation with Mrs Mack, a Chardonnay conversation with Reality TV Queen and so many others.

At 6.30pm AH decided it was time to leave. I have to say that I was ever so grateful that he did!

We said our goodbyes, drove home, made some tomato on toast and planted our butts on our recliners feeling every bit our age tonight!

I'm now looking forward to climbing into bed and sleeping soundly for a good number of hours.

Nite all.    





 

No comments: