Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Time Out

This was pretty much how my entire day went ...


I started in bed til about 9.30am.

Adoring Husband was waiting for me in the pool, so we swam for a while and then I decided to lie in the Bali bed for a few hours.




Gradually the sun moved and made it too hot to stay there, so I slid into the pool again to cool down and decided to shift all my gear to the Bali hut beside Adoring Husband.



My only achievement for the day was cooking a corned silverside for dinner with cabbage, mash and white sauce, of which Adoring Husband ate two whole plates full! It must have been good!



I needed to chill out, relax, wind down, regenerate, shut down my brain and rest.

Monday is going to be a GREAT day and it will be the beginning of a FABULOUS week.

Just watch!

Now for an early night to top off my day perfectly.

Nite all.

No comments: