Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 15, 2019

Here Comes the Rain

There have been severe storms pounding Queensland all afternoon and evening but they have only just hit us as I type this.

It's raining quite heavily, which is great because we need it ... let's just hope that there is no damaging wind or hail in the mix.

We cleared the necessary furniture from the pool area and hopefully the lounge is protected well enough by it's cover so that we have somewhere dry to sit tomorrow!

WOW!! That was one hell of a crack of thunder!! It was close!!

I had a nice slow and easy start to today with Adoring Husband providing my coffee bedside. Before I rode to the shop to cover for The Motivator while she attended a meeting, I decided to jump in the pool for an early morning heart starting swim.

I did some exercises and swam some laps for half an hour before making myself presentable for work.





It was lunch time when I left the shop so I stopped at the cafe and bought some grilled fish for my lunch. AH had last night's leftovers.

Before getting ready for the club, AH and I watched some episodes of a new series on Netflix called "After Life" by Ricky Gervais. I'm enjoying it. He's a smart man who thinks outside the box.

AH accompanied me to the club tonight which was nice.

One of our group was celebrating a birthday today, so almost everyone left our table at 6.30pm to make their way into the restaurant for dinner. While AH and I were invited, we chose to decline the offer. I'm not a fan of the food there and we already had a casserole waiting for us at home.

There was just AH, The Brains Trust and I left at the table to sit out the noisy raffle draws, of which, none of us won a prize.

I had a small win on the pokies earlier in the evening and then another small win on Keno, so now I have a purse full of cash to take with me to Childers on Wednesday when the girls and I plan on browsing through the shoe shop there and then partaking of a meal for lunch.

I'm looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow. Perhaps I'll be energised enough to do what needs to be done in the house as far as housework goes, but perhaps not. That's the joy of being a grown up ... I can choose to do as I please depending on how I feel at the time! 🤗🤗🤗

I think I might head to bed now. The rain is so heavy that we have no connection for Foxtel or digital TV right now.

The rain sounds so lovely.

Nite all.

No comments: