Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Signs of Strength

It was difficult to get motivated this morning but I got to the shop early enough to open for meditation  and I have to say that meditation was exactly what I needed. There were ten in attendance and the gratitude at the end of the session really brought a lot of light and joy and energy to the shop which in turn transferred to me.

Thanks to an amazing hour in the afternoon, it was a very good sales day which added to my joy and energy!!

We took delivery of some Sassy Duck handbags ...






... and not long after that The Motivator made an appearance. It was so good to see her face and feel the 'team' emerge again. It's going to be fun with both of us here as all of the deliveries arrive during the next week!

*happy dance*

Because last Friday was International Women's Day, there has been story after story after story about all women and every aspect of every woman's life.

Steering away from the stories about great women in history and looking at ways that we women can become stronger figures in our own lives, these are the bits and pieces and snippets that I've related to the most and the ones I thought I would share:  

Respect yourself and others - stand tall and don't let the behaviour of others drag you down.

Be independent - don't rely on anyone else to get you through life but recognise when you need assistance and know that it's ok to give others the gift of helping you in times of need.

Don't allow your emotions to control you - don't dwell on situations or feelings. Feel the emotion and then move on. Instead of allowing others to control your energy, flip it and put your own more positive and loving energy out into the world.

Take risks - as adults, we put up walls and believe that we "can't" do certain things. We create an image of ourselves and it becomes "fixed". Believe that you can bend and mold yourself into something new whenever you want. Don't let fear control you.

Remain positive - live a positive life because positivity can take you from the depths of despair to the highest altitudes of joy. It helps you make the best of all situations. Become a source of light. Instead of fixating on problems, focus on solutions.

Be in control but also know when to let someone else shine.

Be creative and use your imagination.

Stay away from shallow people who thrive on drama and gossip.

Tell it like it is and respect others who do the same.

Take care of your own health and happiness. Don't expect others to do it for you.

Surround yourself with positive empowered people. Negativity has no place in your life.

Learn new things.

Test your limits.

Believe that you can do anything you want in life.

Know your worth and value and know that it's ok to rock the boat occasionally.

Give yourself time to recharge after using and emitting all of this positive energy!


A tough challenge that requires a conscious and concerted effort, but eventually the effects are amazing and it can annoy the crap out of people when they can see that you don't want to look at the negative and can see something positive in every situation.

That's it from me.

I'm positive that I'm off to bed and that I will begin my day by writing in my gratitude journal in the morning before I put my two feet on the floor.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Nite all.

No comments: