Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Just Stop

I had the perfect opportunity to sleep in today but I was awake just after 6am.

Luckily for me, Adoring Husband bought me a coffee so I got to sit up in bed drinking coffee until I decided to visit The Motivator at the shop to bring her up to speed on what had happened in her absence ... which wasn't much!

There was, however, a lot happening in the shop today. The Motivator had already taken delivery of one box of stock and an hour later, a truck arrived with a whole pallet of stock! It was hard for me to leave and NOT stay to help price and display everything, but I was tired and my brain didn't want to function at the level that was required.


In the pallet of stock was a chair that I had ordered for beside the pool and a beautiful lamp which I won't show you until I get a globe for it - you need to see the full effect.

It took AH and I long time to put together the chair - even though there were only three pieces to it. The two parts for the base of the chair were wrong - like they had provided 2 x left hand pieces instead of a right and a left. It took a lot of manoeuvring and pushing and pulling and imaginative pulley work to get the pieces to fit together. I will contact the company to advise them of their error.

It certainly tested our patience!

So I didn't get to spend as much time in the pool as I'd have liked nor did I get to lie on the lounge to listen to my book because I had to make dinner - Parsee Chicken (a medium strength curry) and rice with pappadums.

Tomorrow, I'll be spending an hour or two at the shop while The Motivator attends a meeting but after that I'll have a few days off.

I'm looking forward to listening to my book, finally finishing the photo editing, decluttering the back room, catching up on my washing and spending time on the lounge under the Bali hut.

Right now, I'm off to bed. I can't believe it's after 11pm!! There is a storm brewing out to the west. I hope it dumps some precious rain on us. I just went out to the pool area and took all the loose cushions off the Bali bed so they'll still be dry for me to lie on tomorrow. I just hope the winds don't get bad because the bar setting is still out in the open and it's quite light.


Anyway, it's bed time for me now.

Nite all.

No comments: