Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Winning Habits

What an interesting day!

Morning coffee with the girls was a cack as usual. The girls alone made the day in sales more successful than any day last week, but sales in the afternoon brought it to a level that gives me hope that the 'quiet' period is over.

As they day wore on, the sky grew dark with smoke from the big bushfires on the other side of the river at Woodgate ...



but just when the fieries got the fires under control, the sky grew dark with storm clouds and we caught the edge of a severe storm that headed north and hopefully helped completely extinguish the fires.

I left the trike at the shop and came home in the car with Adoring Husband.

We folded the umbrella over the pool and tied it near the fence and put the outdoor bar setting into the  outdoor kitchen - just in case the storm got out of control.

Luckily it missed us, but we could have done with some more rain.

I also put dinner into the oven early - just in case we lost power during the storm - so we ate dinner at about 5pm.

I'm off to bed super early so that I can be up early for meditation tomorrow.

Thought I'd share this with you - so interesting and something that The Motivator and I are both working on at the moment.



I hope you enjoy Hump Day!

Nite all.

No comments: