Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Three out of Five

Three out of five ain't bad.

This is our fourth lunch together. Two of us are currently away travelling, so there were three of us today.

We went to the cinema and watched "Top End Wedding". There is a story attached to that, because there were four movies from which to choose and we gave the original decision to The Brains Trust, but she chickened out at the last minute, fearing fallout if she didn't choose wisely.

So I jumped in with a decision because I don't care about fallout lol.

I have to say that the first twenty minutes were very slow and I was concerned that I'd chosen poorly, but the movie picked up after that and I really enjoyed it. It was funny in parts and sad enough to produce a tear in parts.

After the movie, The Brains Trust and I wandered the shops while Aggie went for a dental x-ray.

Aquavue was our restaurant of choice for lunch and even though it was a grey overcast day and the tide was out, it was still pleasant and not too crowded. The food, as always, was good.


The Brains Trust had to pick up her car from being serviced, so Aggie and I dropped her off at the car yard and drove to King Kong where she met up with us soon after.

We all drove to The Brains Trust's house with hopes of enjoying a coffee from her brand spanking new coffee machine that she received for Mother's Day but alas there were some hiccups that prevented that from happening. I enjoyed a lemon and ginger tea instead, which was much nicer than I expected.

Aggie dropped me home at about 4.30pm and Adoring Husband had bought me a coffee earlier, so I reheated it and got to have my afternoon caffeine hit anyway.

I'd planned on doing some art, but by the time I'd unpacked my art shopping and then spent time putting our bedroom back together after spreading almost my entire wardrobe over it trying to find something to wear this morning, I just wanted to sit with my feet up.

So I did.

AH and I both had big lunches today, so we decided to not make dinner tonight.

Sadly, I didn't get to say goodbye to The Motivator before she leaves for her big road trip to Sydney early tomorrow, so if you're reading this TM ... "Safe travels and enjoy your road trip!! Make the most of your solo time! Big hugs from me."





Now it's time for another early night. Big work days ahead and I'm hoping for some record breaking, amazing sales days this month.

Nite all.

No comments: