Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Vote Me Out

Considering it was voting day, it was not as busy in The Happy Abode as I expected.

At one point there were about eight or ten people wandering around, but by the time they'd all left, they had spent a total of $23.

As happens often, ten minutes before closing, a customer walked in stayed until ten minutes after we would normally close, but she boosted our sales by a LOT and made me a happy Chappy celebrating a good sales week.

From there, Adoring Husband and I had to vote on the way home.

Nobody was worthy of my vote, and while I really wanted to insert an unmarked ballot paper into the box, mine was a valid vote for what I considered the best of a very bad bunch.

At home, I made lunch and sat by the pool while I ate it, went knee deep into the icy waters just to get the blood circulating and then sat with AH to watch the football.

Chicken with baked veg and greens for dinner.

I've looked at my art a number of times and considered doing something, but my heart wasn't fully in it, so I chose to steer clear. Tomorrow will be another day.

Now we decide whether to watch the election results or go to bed and read.

I vote 'read'.






The TV is on and all I can hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

May election week be over before we know it.

Nite all.

No comments: