Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Damp and Quiet

I think the weather kept people away today.

It was cool and damp.

It was still an acceptable day of sales with the few people who entered.

I had a visit from Aggie.

Later, The Motivator arrived with all of her goodies from down south and we spent the afternoon sorting through them, trying some on and deciding who we thought would like each item.

Needless to say, the training room looks like a disaster area at the moment and it needs to be ready on Saturday for the workshop!

I’m excited that I can stay in bed in the morning and don’t have to be at work until after lunch. Even better, I don’t actually have to work when I get there. I’ll just help set up the training room and then spend time painting with The Motivator.

Perhaps a beverage and some nibbles? 😬

We had another easy dinner tonight and now I think I shall climb into bed and enjoy an extended period of time snuggled under the covers.

This is not light and breezy, but I had to share it here ...


Enjoy your Friday. I plan on making the most of mine!

Nite all.

No comments: