Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Early and Cold

It was tough climbing out of bed this morning.

Apparently it was 4°C

I’d have gladly stayed in bed until lunch time, but I had to be at the shop before 7.15am to prepare for meditation, so I pushed my luck and stayed warm until 6.30am and then rushed around like a headless chicken to be ready on time.

I exaggerate ... I wasn’t that bad.

While I was getting ready, Adoring Husband juiced my celery and filled my flask with fresh bone broth from the slow cooker, both of which were a nourishing way to start the day.

I enjoyed meditation, as always, and had fun chatting with The Gypsy between appointments.

I cleaned up the mess I’d created at The Motivators desk because that’s where I’ve been sitting for the last 5 weeks!

I sorted through all the paperwork to make it a little sense of it all.

Made a ‘to do’ list for tomorrow.

Closed the shop right on 3pm because AH and I had to head into town to pick up our organic FROG box and get some supplies for the next art workshop.

We did that all very efficiently and left The Bay at 4.45pm to return home.

Oh and we grabbed a few sushis for dinner because I didn’t feel like cooking, or even reheating anything! We also stopped at Boost Juice where I ordered a large Mint Condition and AH ordered a Berry Crush.

It’s now 9pm and I am ready for bed. For some reason, it feels like it’s been a long day 🤔

Nite all.


No comments: