Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 17, 2019

A Bit of Hoopla

A most enjoyable Monday!

The Gypsy was in today and her first appointment wasn’t until late in the morning so we got to chat and catch up on lots of stuff.

As I had requested of her, she brought in a couple of the hula hoops that she’d made. She is starting hoop classes for mature people and she gave me a lesson in the training room.

I have tried hooping many times over the years and all that ever happens is the spinning hoop immediately spirals downward and crashes to the ground!

It took about four attempts today, but suddenly the hoop was spinning around my middle exactly as it should be! It didn’t fall to the ground! It was quite exhilarating!

I have to say that after about 15 minutes, the muscles in my mid section were feeling quite tender and I began to feel a little breathless! It’s extraordinary how many muscles you use and how much effort goes into hooping!

I thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m considering buying one of her hand made hoops because I reckon 15 minutes of hooping every morning would be very beneficial 😇

The morning was busy with a steady flow of customers and went very quiet in the afternoon, but The Brains Trust and The Garden Guru came to see me with their visitors so that killed some time and a Brains Trust hug is always a bonus for the day.

Adoring Husband came early to get our afternoon coffee, close the shop and drive me home.

I dipped in the pool. Only up to my knees.

Did some washing.

Sat on my butt until it was time to prepare dinner. Chicken with leftover baked vegetables for AH. Toast for me. Raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

I’m ready for bed now, at 9.30pm.




Nite all.

No comments: