Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday Frenzy

The first half of my day was just as I’d imagined.

Psychotic dog Ruby woke me at 5.15am (well I hadn’t imagined that bit) and needed to pee so I had to get out of bed to take her outside.

After that, I couldn’t sleep, but that was ok because I knew the morning was mine to do as I pleased.

I watched a Netflix movie called “Always Be My Maybe” which I enjoyed. I followed that up with a documentary called “Creative Brain” which was interesting.

Adoring Husband brought my celery juice, bone broth, coffee and toast.

Eventually, I had to get up. I washed my hair and made myself presentable so that AH could drop me off at the shop.

There was new stock that had arrived today. The Motivator had unpacked most of it, but there was still more to do plus all the stock still in the training room from yesterday.

We got all that sorted, talked some business and then I set up the room for Saturday’s workshop while TM made some phone calls and did some banking.

We mixed up lots of paints in lots of bottles, then sat down and had some fun, each creating a garden on a small canvas.

I shared some of my techniques for flower making and after about 2 hours, we finished up, cleaned our mess, reset the two painting stations that we’d used, packed up our goods and TM dropped me home at about 6.45pm.

Thank goodness AH had cooked dinner, so all I had to do was sit down and eat.

I was exhausted! I am lying in bed as I type this while watching the women’s State of Origin rugby league game. NSW is winning.

I didn’t look closely, but I think sales were good today. We also received 3 deposits for my next photography workshop which is encouraging and means that we might actually get to run our first workshop for the year in July.

We have a full class for the art workshop tomorrow, so there should be lots of good energy and laughter filling the shop.

Meanwhile I need settle in for the night.

Have a great weekend.

Nite all.

No comments: