Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Rejuvenation

My Sunday has been a day of rejuvenation for my mind, body and soul.

I spent the morning in bed journaling and reminding myself how special I am by alphabetising my virtues (virtues that we ALL have, but mostly don’t acknowledge) so I had a nice easy positive start to the day.

Adoring Husband didn’t even enter the bedroom until I’d been awake for about 90 minutes. He made my celery juice and then bought my coffee.

I got out of bed at about 12.30pm and made hamburgers for AH’s lunch (with the rissoles that were in my winners meat tray 😊). I had half an apple and plan on using up my leftover soup for dinner.

After lunch, I watched some instructional videos on varnishing acrylic art pours and then put my newfound knowledge into practice. It was tricky and I hope by tomorrow, it will look as it should. It starts off milky and becomes clear as it dries.

It’s also very messy!

I also used a lot more varnish than I expected!

This is an early post because I’m watching the footy and so far I have a perfect round! Unusual I know.

I found this today and thought it very interesting - Prescription drugs - Harvard especially in light of the RoundUp saga at the moment.

I’ve been fighting the “RoundUp is completely harmless” argument for years! A couple in USA have been awarded US$2billion because it was proven that RoundUp caused their cancer.

Drug companies are researching their new drugs for shorter periods of time and instead of spending money on appropriate testing, we the patients/customers, are being used as guinea pigs.

It wasn’t that long ago that a painkiller called Voxx caused 40,000 deaths before it was taken off the market. Money is the bottom line, not our health and well being.

I'm off to bed for an early night. A good sleep will finish off the rejuvenation process nicely.





Nite all.

No comments: