Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 7, 2019

TGIF

It was a very pleasant day in the shop.

The morning was so quiet that I decided to clear out the glass cabinets, clean the glass and then rearrange the displays.

Of course, as soon as I emptied the first cabinet, four customers came through the door and that's when the steady stream began! Murphy's Law!

Aggie came for a visit and helped me make my first order online from the Nutrimetics website.

Some of the jewellery that I moved, sold almost immediately - it's an interesting sales phenomenon that we can have something in the same spot for a year and the day we move it to a different spot, it sells.

That was pretty much my day.

Adoring Husband was my right hand man at the beginning and end of the day.

I came home to get yesterday's washing off the line and wash some stuff that needed special attention and again, I considered doing some art, but chose to plant myself on the couch.

No clubbing tonight and AH cooked an early dinner of chicken wings, which we munched on while watching the first footy game for the night. I doubt that anyone would have picked Knights to beat the Bunnies but it was a great game by them.

We are now watching Tigers vs Raiders. I've tipped Tigers, while AH has tipped Raiders.

I will be in bed before the game finishes.

It's market day in town tomorrow morning and I hope that the people will come to The Happy Abode when they realise that the markets haven't much to offer.

To give you something extra to read before I sign off ...


 




Have a GREAT weekend everyone! I have absolutely nothing planned, which is just the way I like it!

Nite all.

No comments: