Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 8, 2019

A Universe Thing

Ten minutes after opening the doors, I’d had enough sales to make my day worthwhile. It was already a better Saturday than the last three or four.

Even though the markets were on, the threat of bad weather kept most stall holders away and it was very quiet on that front, but there is a big lawn bowls tournament on in town this weekend, so I had the pleasure of meeting some visitors who are here for that.

Except for one strange man who felt the need to share his opinions on my apparent “sales tricks”, the day was filled with happy, engaging people who spent their money and their time happily in The Happy Abode.

By the end of the day, I was feeling very pleased because I’d made an order for new stock and enough money to cover most of the order!

Adoring Husband came to pick me up and we shopped for vegetables to go with our planned pork belly dinner. Between us, we created a delicious baked dinner and even though the crackle wasn’t perfect, we still got some good crunch on parts of it.

While it was cooking, I created some bad art. I’ll have another go tomorrow for hopefully a better result.

I’ve enjoyed my week at work and I’m looking forward to another lazy Sunday to rest, regenerate and rejuvenate in preparation for a fabulously successful week - it’s a Universe thing - the Universe has our back and I can feel the energy changing in town.

I know that there are some holiday rentals in town that are booked out until the new year. That’s gotta be good for business!

Meanwhile, I’m now ready for bed where I will watch some YouTube art videos before I sleep. Maybe I’ll dream of something wondrous to create on Sunday šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜šŸ¤©

Have a perfectly divine Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: