Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 3, 2019

Introducing the Rep

It was quite a busy day for a Monday.

It was early in the day when a large delivery arrived for me to sort through. It was mostly small knick knack type things, so there was a LOT of pricing to do. The next dilemma was finding a place to display everything!

In the midst of all that, I got a call from one of our Reps telling me that he was in the area and he asked if I would have time for a visit?

The last time he was here, it was my birthday and he & his wife had brought me a birthday gift but I wasn't at the shop to meet them or receive my gift.  His wife is not well at the moment so I missed out on meeting her today, but he popped in for about half an hour and we chatted until a customer interrupted us and he left.

I got a lot done and the end of the day arrived much sooner than I expected. I was surprised when Adoring Husband arrived to help close the shop.

We did some grocery shopping and headed home.

I cooked up some chicken Maryland so that I have chicken for lunch tomorrow and then baked some sweet potato and potato, some brussels sprouts, some onion and some tomato while AH barbecued some steak.

Now, we're ready for another early night. This weather is amazing for sleeping soundly so I'm waking with lots of energy and feeling fabulous every morning ... although I must admit that it's difficult to remove myself from under the warm doona in the mornings!








Nite all.

No comments: