Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Because I Could

I tried to stay awake for the women’s French Open Tennis singles final because Australia’s Ash Barty was playing, but firstly they had to complete the men’s semi final that was rain delayed from the previous day. Problem was, ALL the tennis was delayed again, due to more rain!

At 11.30pm our time, the rain had stopped and the covers were off the court, but they still didn’t have a start time, so I gave up, turned the TV off and meditated myself to sleep.

At 3.45am, both Adoring Husband and I were awake, so I turned on the TV hoping to catch some of the match, but alas it was over and a doubles match was being played. I did a quick search on my phone to discover that Ash had won the French Open title quickly and easily.

With that knowledge, we happily fell back to sleep.

It was after 8am when I next woke, but I stayed in bed til about 1pm ... because I could!

AH brought my celery juice, followed by coffee, followed by tomato on toast to keep my energy levels up for watching art videos on YouTube!

I found a couple of ideas, and chose one to try today ...



This is one that I created yesterday, which AH loved, but I didn’t ...


And I pressed a clean canvas onto the wet paint that dripped off the edges of it to create this, which I love!


We spent the afternoon watching the football and I have to say that my tipping has been abysmal this week with only two correct so far! Thank goodness I didn't pay to be in the tipping comp this year!

I spent a long time in the kitchen ... actually it was only an hour, but it felt much longer!

I thought I had some curried chicken in the freezer and AH selected that for dinner to be accompanied by cauliflower rice. As I began the preparations, I discovered that all I had was frozen curried chicken sauce!

So I took Hainan chicken out of the freezer, as well as the curried sauce to create something delicious.

I'd planned cauliflower and mushroom soup for myself so I set aside the liquid from the Hainan chicken to use as the base of my soup and put the chicken aside to put into the curried sauce.

In gallons of grass fed butter (I exaggerate), I fried up a big batch of garlic, onion and mushrooms and put it in the blender with the Hainan chicken liquid and the steamed cauliflower, added lots of white pepper and dash of salt then blended it to creamy smithereens.

It was delicious.

I heated up the chicken curry sauce, added the Hainan chicken, made the cauliflower rice and then made some papadums.

There was enough soup for another three meals, so I froze it in meal sized containers. Adoring Husband seems to have an aversion to this soup and doesn't even want to taste it. He likes cauliflower, but was relieved when I told him he could have something different for dinner.

That's ok, all the more for me.

He loved his dinner and ate every last mouthful.

I'm off to bed now because, remember, it's going to be a record breaking amazing week at the shop! I need to be prepared!

Nite all.  

No comments: