Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday Madness

The question was asked "You're a burglar, but when you break in, instead of stealing, you do things to mildly inconvenience your victims. What would you do?"

These were some of the responses:
  • Spread biscuit crumbs in the beds.
  • Peg ALL their socks on the line.
  • Put bubble bath in the toilet.
  • Swap the socks and undies drawer with the kitchen utensil drawer.
  • Put all the pantry items in the linen cupboard and all the linen in the pantry.
  • Remove all the batteries from the remote controls.
  • Replace raw eggs with hard boiled eggs.
  • Pop the corners of all the fitted sheets off every mattress.
  • Wrap EVERYTHING in Christmas paper - food, books, knick knacks, remotes, pillows etc.
  • Take all the toilet paper.
  • Re-arrange all the wall art.
  • Replace all the family pics with a different family.
  • Toast all the bread and put it back in the bag.
  • Put a blob of honey on all the door handles.
  • Move all the furniture 6" to the left.
  • Replace their cats with dogs or vice versa.
  • Open all the cupboards and drawers.
  • Turn all the chairs the wrong way round.
  • Mix everyone's clothes up.
  • Line up one of very shoe along the hallway.
  • Put a mint on every pillow.
  • Turn all the clothes hangers backwards.
  • Put rice on the ceiling fan blades.
  • Make a sandwich and leave it on the bench.
It's all very weird and some of the answers were much more sinister than that and are not worth repeating here, but I got a bit of a giggle out of the ones I listed.

It was a good day in the shop, though the afternoon was very quiet. We locked the doors ten minutes early so that we could drive into The Bay and get some stuff done.

Daniel, from Tinkerbells, one of my favourite shops, was holding a ring for me and their 'opening the new shop sale' ends this weekend, so I needed to get in to try it on. It was 3.40pm when we pulled up across the road from TBs.

The new shop looks SO AMAZING and I plan on taking a few hours to really wander around and soak it all in at a later date. 
Turns out, the ring that was being held didn't fit, but I looked at some others and found this one instead ...




It's my favourite stone, blue kyanite, and I love it so much! I intended to purchase it for myself but Adoring Husband bought it for me!

From there we rushed to Truckloads where I loaded up on canvasses and paint ... because I used my last canvas on Sunday afternoon!




I have used 23 tubes of paint so far in my artistic pursuits and I have 57 tubes of paint, most of them full but some partially used, in the tray waiting. I got one really big canvas and I'm going to save that for something really special!

We ducked into Coles to stock up on my coconut icy poles.
 
I wanted to price MDF at Bunnings because some of the artists that I watch on youtube use that as their canvas. Turns out that it would be cheaper to use than canvass, but it might be more difficult to hang on a wall if somebody bought it. I didn't buy any today, but I'll experiment with it some time in the future.

I did find some MORE tubes of paint in Bunnings - different colours to what I already have, so I think I bought another ten tubes there.

After all of that, it was right on 5pm when we drove out of The Bay and we were home before 5.30pm. That's pretty good going for 2.5 hours.

It was a quick dinner of meat on the barbecue and a salad thrown together so that we could sit down and put our feet up. We are definitely done for the day and it will definitely be an early night for us both.

Nite all. 

No comments: