Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Different Phwoar!

Well, today in the shop certainly made up for yesterday!

The Gypsy was too unwell to make it in for meditation this morning and while I had set up a series of healing meditations for the class, I decided at the last minute to set up a tea and coffee station in the room and let the group be social together instead.

It was like a henhouse with lots of loud chatter and laughter and I think it was a huge success.

The group got to know each other a little better and can now support each other more constructively.

I picked up a parcel containing kitchen utensils that I’d ordered to use as art tools and I used some of them to make this ...


I’m trying to hone my flower making techniques before the next workshop!

I know I can do better.

I have two pieces of news to mention.

With a sigh of relief, I can declare that the Garden Guru has been cleared of any serious medical conditions after his mishap last night. Whew!

With a tear in my eye I say farewell to fur baby Lucy Walker. It was her time to go and she lived a good life. Warm hugs to her sad and loving parents who are already missing her presence.

I spoke to The Motivator this afternoon and she has been very busy down south. All going well, she should be home next week, but there could be a slight question mark over that scenario. Fingers crossed that all goes well for all concerned.

Off to bed now. I was awake every hour on the hour last night and have been up since 5am, so I’m feeling a bit weary this evening.

I hope Lady Lynn is going well.

Nite all

No comments: