Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 14, 2019

Typical

Comparing this year to last year in June, The Happy Abode is doing ok ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I don’t know why I panic. It’s never as bad as my imagination makes it out to be and business has improved at every stage of our development. I must trust in the process!

I had a lovely day today which included some hugs with The Brains Trust, a delivery of new stock that is already priced and on display, another name taken for the next paint pouring workshop and a phone call with a sweet customer from The Bay who was in the shop at the beginning of the week and was waiting on today’s delivery.

There is so much love oozing from this woman, she makes me feel emotional just listening to her speak. Genuine, unconditional, spiritual love. I’m looking forward to seeing her smiling face tomorrow when she comes to pick up her order.

My Nutrimetics order arrived today too, which was exciting. I finally received my lipstick pallet and there were other goodies that I was keen to get my hands on.

Adoring Husband came with me to the club tonight. We didn’t win anything and it was a relatively quiet night as far as our usual group is concerned. Even the numbers of other patrons was down. Apparently James Blundell was playing in The Bay at the RSL Club, so perhaps some of the regulars decided on a big night out!

We came home to watch the footy and are both in bed now. AH is snoring softly beside me as I type this and I am yawning every couple of minutes.

Have an amazing weekend everyone.







Nite all.


No comments: