Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Whoah!

Not a single customer today until ten minutes before closing! Then three came in and two walked out empty handed.

Thank goodness for the 'one'.

It felt very strange all day because Tuesdays, even taking my coffee girls out of the equation, usually see a few people at least walking through the doors.

Having said that, only one of the girls turned up for coffee too! There are a few out of town, a couple who are not well and a couple with visitors.

It was nice to spend the morning with The Brains Trust. Aggie and Beauty both popped in very briefly.

I spent the day listening to guided meditations because The Gypsy is not well and probably won't be able to come in to lead the meditation class in the morning.

Ugh.

You would think that with all the meditating that I do ... at least twice every day ... that I would feel comfortable about this situation, but I have to admit that I'm feeling a little out of my comfort zone because I haven't guided 'others' before.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

We came home and I spent a few minutes standing ankle deep in the pool, then sitting in my egg chair and Adoring Husband and the psychotic dogs joined me for five, until I decided to change into a paint shirt and try something new.

The 'something new' was a complete failure, so I took one of my other old failures, covered it with paint and did this ...


These are photos of each little section of the painting. I love how the cells appeared and the colours are very vibrant - it's much better than the painting underneath it!










I had soup for dinner while AH cooked steak on the barbecue for himself.

I'm off to bed for another early night ... gosh, I think I've created a new habit!

Get well soon Lady Lynn.

Nite all.

No comments: