Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 15, 2019

I Am Sated

FABULOUS morning in the shop, making up for the two very quiet days that bothered me so much.

The lovely lady that I was expecting to see today sent her husband to pick up her order while she was shopping in The Bay. I told him how disappointed I was to miss out on seeing her lovely smiling face and he said “Yes, she is a wonderful woman. I’m a lucky man to have her in my life.”

Awww.

I think I got to sit down for all of ten minutes because there was a steady flow of people all day and I also think it would have been worth our while to stay open for another couple of hours but I ran out of mojo and needed some time out.

When I arrived home I dipped my legs in the icy waters of the pool and sat in my egg chair for a while - only to witness some hilarity that had me giggling almost uncontrollably.

Psychotic dog Ruby loves to run around the raised edge of the pool and somehow today, she lost her footing and slipped into the icy waters - thankfully, near the steps, but she was obviously panicking as she attempted to climb out.

Meanwhile, adoring Husband had JUST planted his butt on the couch near me when it happened, so as he panicked over the situation, he had to lift himself off the couch without spilling his coffee, find a safe place to put his coffee and then run to Ruby’s rescue!

By the time he got to her, she was already half out of the pool, so there was no danger, but I’m certain that because AH was right there when she climbed out, she believed that he had pushed her in because she ran away from him, then stopped and turned to look at him as if to say “Why did you do that?”

It was honestly the most entertaining 30 seconds of my day and was like watching an animated cartoon!

AH ran inside to get a towel to dry her off, but she wasn’t going anywhere near him and cowered beside me shivering with with both fear and cold lol.

I made paleo pizzas for lunch and watched an old movie wth Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore in it called “Change of Habit”. I thought I knew all of the Elvis movies but I’d never seen or heard of this one before.

I'm currently watching my team, Brisbane Broncos, get annihilated by Parramatta Eels and I don't think I'll torture myself by watching to the end. Definitely an early night for me.

I hope you all enjoy your idea of a perfect Sunday. I will spoil myself with some art play after I've completed my chores.

Nite all.

No comments: