Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 19, 2019

Getting it Together

Confession time.

Today was day three since I showered or brushed my hair!

I forced myself to make a plan for today. Get out in the sunshine, speak to people and get some exercise. This meant that I had to make myself clean and presentable and this morning’s shower was enjoyable, but the hair brushing was more time consuming than usual!

I got clean, dressed, minimal make up and then pedalled in the sunshine to the post office first and to visit The Motivator at our shop.

I was out for about 3 hours and had a great catch up with TM.

I also picked up a parcel from the PO full of paints and varnish which was exciting!

I was feeling a bit annoyed because there was no space left for me to paint in the studio. My table and my drying area was all full of drying paintings. My crankiness was leaching into my conversations with Adoring Husband so he decided to remedy the situation by clearing space in a second bedroom for me to put my ‘almost dry’ stuff.

So after dinner, I quickly produced this ...


It was enough to ease my tension.



Now I need to sleep because tomorrow I have coffee with the girls, followed by an appointment with a clairvoyant, followed by shopping, followed by hooping class. It’ll be a big day.

Nite all.

No comments: