Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Mission

My mission today, which I accepted, was to purchase a new Square Reader for the shop because our original decided to to cark it yesterday.

While we were in Office Works, I also found some giant push pins and some clear plastic sheets for swiping my paintings. It was still my least expensive trip to that store in a long time.

We drove to Stocklands so that I could get a Boost juice, price some AirPods and buy some shoes - actually I didn’t plan on the shoes, but they’re lovely 😊

We picked up our FROG box on the way home and then dropped the Square Reader off at the shop. It was a quick catch up with The Motivator and The Gypsy before coming home to do these ...




I cooked up some Hainan Chicken, some pork sausages and some pumpkin & cauliflower soup. I put together a lovely salad with our fresh FROG produce and for dessert, strawberries and raspberries with coconut ice cream.

Now there are meals in the freezer for our future lazy selves 👍

I’m working tomorrow, so I’d best get some sleep now.

Nite all.


No comments: