Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sloppy Sunday

It took me an hour to clean my bucket full of cups and tools from under my art table in the studio.

The job was long overdue and I had to clean 32 plastic cups, 12 lollipop sticks, 2 small shovels, 2 strings of pearls, 6 bamboo skewers, 2 plastic sheets and 4 plastic lids, all of which, even though they had been sitting in water, had dried paint stuck fast that had to be scraped off grain by grain.

I have another bowl with about 30 lollipop sticks soaking and I’m trying to decide whether to clean and reuse them or just chuck them and be done with it.

By the time I’d finished, I was well and truly ready to do some art!

I decided to participate in an online art challenge that required us to use these colours in a dirty flip cup (which means layering these colours many times in one cup and then flipping it onto the canvas).


While I was squeezing the brown paint from the tube to a container for mixing with pouring medium, the tube slipped out of my hand and knocked the container to the ground slopping paint all over the floor, 6 of my paintings, my camera bag and the doona cover!





It took me 30 minutes to clean THAT mess up.

Finally, I got to create this ...


And I LOVE the colours!

Now I have no drying space left so I need to take a break from painting until some of them dry.

Tomorrow I’m going to practice my hooping!

Nite all.

No comments: