Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Too Old to Party

It’s been a big day and it’s 9pm and I’m ready for bed!

The Motivator ran her art workshop this morning, so I worked a very busy morning in the shop. Actually, It may have been a record breaking Saturday!

In the middle of serving I got all of the new stock out on display, although for all of that hard work, not one new stock item was purchased! That’s gotta be a good thing, because it’s good to sell the old stock too.

Adoring Husband arrived on time to close the shop while TM cleared the training room and I finished putting the stock out and clearing the mess I made around TM’s desk.

I just had to sit down when I got home and we watched a movie until it was time to get ready for TMs birthday dinner in The Bay.

AH and I were the first to arrive at Enzos and found our reserved table.



Everyone else arrived soon after and it was a lovely mild evening to sit outside on the waterfront to have dinner and listen to some fabulous music and enjoy good company, good food and good drinks.

I remember in years gone by (MANY years gone by!) that after a couple of drinks and a meal, we’d be ready to party on! Tonight, we were all looking at our watches at 8pm and discussing how it was past our bedtime!

Too old to party these days. Too old to care about partying!

For us, it was a very different Saturday night and both AH and I enjoyed the evening very much. It was the right amount of time with the right people and in just the right place to belatedly celebrate The Motivators birthday 🎁.

Now I’m off to bed because I’m all worn out!

Nite all.

No comments: