Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 17, 2019

In His Absence

Adoring Husband is doing the first aid course this weekend, which means he is out of the house between 8am and 2.30pm.

At 9.30am I got out of bed and made myself pancakes with banana and maple syrup, which I then took back to bed with me, along with a cup of tea.

That’s where I stayed, trying to figure out what sort of art to create, by watching YouTube videos.

Yesterday, I had posted the photo of my rescued art in an acrylic art Facebook page and as we speak, it has had 459 views and 108 very positive comments! Quite a surprise to get so much positive feedback so I was inspired to get back into my studio today.

Neither of my attempts turned out the way I expected, but one has been sold already. That’s four sales in less than four months!



Imagine what I can do when I get really good at this!?

Anyway, now it’s time for bed. I just realised that I forgot to eat dinner 😳 AH went out for dinner with the first aid trainers tonight so I wasn’t required in our kitchen unless I wanted to eat. Ah well, looks like it’ll be another big brekky for me in the morning!

Nite all.

No comments: