Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Emotionally Charged

Today was my last opportunity to spend quality time with my friend and work colleague, The Gypsy, before she ends her time as our resident Natural Therapist. She only has three more days of work before she finishes on 28th Aug.

This is great for her future plans of focussing on all of her groups and classes and reducing her work hours, but very sad for me, because even though she will still be running our meditation classes and the hooping, our quality time will be minimal and I will miss our deep, meaningful, philosophical and spiritual discussions.

Still, I feel like we share a special connection and I doubt that we will completely disappear from each other’s lives.

We made the most of today and shared an emotional farewell 😢

It was a steady day of sales and a couple of our artistic ladies dropped in to pick up their artwork.

At 3pm Adoring Husband arrived to help me close the shop and we headed into The Bay. We picked up our FROG box on the way to Tinkerbell’s where I had this beautiful pink and green tourmaline ring that I’d asked them to hold for me during my last visit.

I placed the ring in a silver soup spoon so that it would sit right for the photo.



I really must stop looking in their display cabinets because I instantly fell in love with this gorgeous sterling silver, clear quartz and blue kyanite pendant. I wore it out of the shop.


Spotlight had a sale on their canvases and some paints, so we popped in there to add to my art stocks.

After a couple more stops, we chose the perfect time to drive directly into the afternoon sun to get home! Luckily a big solid cloud placed itself in the perfect position to ease our discomfort.

We had to stop at The Happy Abode on the way home to turn off some display lights that I forgot to switch off before we left.

The Motivator is now home safe n sound so we’ll be working together tomorrow before I take a well earned break.

I cant believe that it’s already 9.30pm. Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: