Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 16, 2019

Triple Fail

I attempted a Dutch Pour this afternoon.

A ‘Dutch Pour’ is a method of fluid art. Watch Here for what I was trying to accomplish.

All I succeeded in doing was blowing paint all over the wall behind the table (much to Adoring Husband’s dismay) so I thought I could save it by swiping.

‘Swiping’ is another method of fluid art. It should have looked something like this ...


This too failed because there wasn’t enough colourful paint remaining on the canvas for it to be effective.

I thought that some balloon kissing on the canvas might save the day. It should have looked like this ...


Due to the fact that there were not enough cells OR enough paint, this was my third fail.

In my desperation to save this painting and not have to scrape all the paint off to start again, I decided to add some ‘chain pull’ stems to the circular blobs that I had created and then draw some swirls, squiggles, spikes and dots to create some sorta, kinda but not really flowery type things.

It looks a little Winter Wonderland-ish and even though it’s not amazing or fabulous, it’s passable and I’m happy that I don’t have to trash it!

The finished product ...


I think I’m ready for some sleep now. I have thoroughly enjoyed my day off and I think my creativity will improve even more tomorrow 👩‍🎨 🖼🎨

Nite all

No comments: