Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

To Not Do

I had a ‘to do’ list that didn’t get touched today.

That’s how busy the shop was.

I missed most of our coffee morning because I was serving and I got to sit down at about 1.30pm for all of 20 minutes.

At about 3.10pm I left Adoring Husband to close the shop so that I could get to hooping class in plenty of time.

It was an intense class and my body was just about done in by the time I finished! I think I push myself a bit too hard ... I think we all do really ... because we are so eager to learn the next trick!

Now that I have my own hoop I’ll get to practice every day and hone my newly learned skills. One day I’ll take a video of my tricks so you can see me in action! Ha!

There was nothing easy to prepare for dinner so we had toast. I had last night’s leftover mash with tomato on mine. AH had ham and tomato. Minimal effort for these tired muscles.

It’s 7.30pm and I am ready to greet my cosy bed because it’s an early morning of meditation tomorrow.

I believe that The Motivator returns from Sydney tomorrow and should be back in the shop on Thursday. It’ll be nice to have a few days break, catch up on some cleaning, shopping, art, study and work on my health course.

Right now, my yawning is out of control, so I bid you farewell.

Nite all.

No comments: