Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

How?

How did I get to this point without a day of rest?

Ok I had all of Sunday in bed, but I felt like I needed more than that to recover from the week that was.

Coffee with the girls was light on with just three of us at the table this morning. Medical appointments, family commitments and illness kept everyone away today.

Lady Lynn and The Welsh Wonder filled my morning perfectly with some good giggles and interesting chat.

Afterwards I followed up on a text that I received from The Motivator telling me that a new supplier had arrived at the shop if I wanted to drop in to look at the wares.

The wares were beautiful and it was difficult to control ourselves, but we did very well and ordered a small selection of her lovely jewellery. Having seen the collection, we know what we’ll be ordering next time and hopefully we’ll be flush with enough cash to spend up big!

It was after midday when I left the shop and I stopped in at the butcher to grab some of their remaining meat in the fridge. They have sold their shop to the butcher from Childers and Wednesday will be their last day of trading.

The new guys will be trading in a couple of weeks and will be extending their stock from meat to milk and cream and hot foods, so it will be very interesting!

I only had about 90 minutes at home before I had to return to the shop for a final meeting with The Motivator before she leaves for Sydney and to discuss our progress with the course we’re doing. It was a good meeting that I got a lot out of and I hope we continue them when she returns.

I cooked up a hearty chicken and vegetable soup for dinner.

It’s already after 10pm and I feel like I’ve not achieved all that I’d planned for the day. So many things still on my ‘to do’ list. I guess the list will live to see another day!

Now it’s time to sleep because tomorrow I’ll be a working girl!

Nite all.

No comments: