Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 14, 2019

THREE HOURS!

That’s how long it took to complete the requirements for NBN connection and to purchase our two new iPhones from Telstra.

Absolutely crazy!

Tammy, our service assistant, was lovely and helpful and efficient, but the process involved so much work on her monitor and half a tree (her words) of paperwork and was bloody long winded.

It takes less time to apply for a Centrelink payment!

This wasn’t part of our plan for the day which made the experience all that much more painful and made the day oh so much longer than I anticipated and prevented me from getting some jobs done on my list at home.

We had a movie date first up this morning and we saw “Hustlers”. No spoilers here because I know the girls are going to see it on Wednesday. All I want to say is that I would consider switching teams for 50 year old J Lo. Man, she is stunning!

From there we only had 4 things on the list.

  1. Glue-all from Spotlight
  2. T-shirts from Suzanne Grae
  3. A cheap hairdryer from Target (for my art)
  4. Getting a pedicure
That’s it!

My pedicure was done by 1.30pm. We arrived home at 5pm.

The last four hours have been filled with AH swearing, asking a million questions, expressing his frustrations and practicing his oppositional defiance as he attempted to set up his new phone by transferring everything important from his old device to the new one.

Kill me now 😳

I made a quick chicken and mushroom soup for my dinner and AH got the last of the barramundi with salad. It took me less than 30 mins to prepare both.

AH cut his leg open on the corner of our new bedroom suite, just as I predicted and the reason why we switched sides of the bed, so that we could avoid those injuries! He was illegally on my side of the bed! Ugh!

I didn’t sleep well last night so I’m off to bed now. Wish me luck.

Thinking of you Brains Trust 🥰

Nite all.

No comments: