Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 18, 2019

Missed Again!

I don’t know where my head is at!

I didn’t even realise that I missed Thursday night’s blog post.

With hindsight, I remember heading to bed with my iPad intending to do it there, but I must have got side tracked by Facebook or YouTube or Words With Friends or something. 🤪🤪🤪

So tonight I am sitting in my recliner and finishing this post before I go to bed.

I’ve had busy days at work with new suppliers, deliveries of jewellery and our linen clothing walking out the door so fast that I can’t keep up with it all. Gorgeous hand made solid silver bracelets and earrings that I absolutely love. White linen pants arrived today, along with linen mandala dresses in all colours.





Today was crazy busy with lots of visitors from out of town all wanting to chat and all wanting to spend money.

Adoring Husband and I both attended the club together tonight and our regular group was just about as big as it can get. We left early but I assume, from the lack of photos on social media, that nobody was a winner.

Thankfully, I had put a corned beef in the slow cooker before we left, so a few slices of that with a quick salad was the perfect dinner when we arrived home.

Now, it’s suddenly 10pm and I’m ready for bed.

I’m expecting a big morning with some last minute purchases before people start heading home after holidays, funerals and weddings.

Nite all.

No comments: