Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Habitually Forgetful

That’s me.

But here I am.

Saturday morning was steady at the shop and we closed right on 1pm. I don’t even recall what I did for the remainder of the day ... oh I had a nap in the late afternoon and then was in bed early! I was exhausted!

Today I intended to create art all day, but I decided to check the pool water first and it was such a delicious temperature, I changed into my swimmers/bathers/togs and walked straight in!

There were lots of little brown beetles floating around and clinging to the creepy crawly hose, so I spent some time removing them before swimming a few laps and enjoying a float. I sat in the chair to dry off before making lunch.

We had smoked cod poached in almond milk and grass fed butter with a yummy salad. It took about 20 minutes.

THEN I created some art ...




My work table is not a very good height so my back was really telling me off after three pieces.

It was dinner time anyway so Adoring Husband cooked our Barker’s Creek pork loin chops on the barbecue while threw a quick salad together.

Tonight I watched the movie “Instant Family” and really enjoyed it. I even shed a tear 😢

It’s almost midnight so I’d best head to bed because we have a big 62nd birthday to celebrate tomorrow - yes AH has successfully reached another birthday! 





I hope we enjoy a happy celebratory day together! What’s the plan? Wait and see!

Nite all.

No comments: