Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 26, 2019

More Bounding

I did bound out of bed this morning.

I bounded into the day with plenty of energy and lots on my mind to prepare for the art class.

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop a little after 8am and had everything ready to go by 9am.

The ladies all arrived on time and we made tea and coffee, introduced ourselves, discussed how excited we were for the class, what we loved about fluid art and paint pouring and THEN we got down to business.

We looked at a series of pictures that I had printed from the internet to demonstrate all the different colours in the water along various coastlines, the varied colours of wet and dry sand and also the whitewash from breaking waves on the beach. These are just a few of the 12 that I had.





Everybody chose the colours that we wanted and then we mixed our paint colours into 7 different cups. Three for the sand and four with the ocean colours.

Then we poured and we scooped and we swiped and we squeezed and we blew and we splashed and we dripped and we torched.






Half the class time was spent in complete silence as we all focused on the work at hand.

The other half of the time was spent giggling and singing in unison to old songs and laughing out loud because we all knew all the words and actually sounded pretty good as a group!

In the end, after a few re-dos and repairing and adding and removing and fluffing and such, everybody was finished and expressing their pleasure for what they had accomplished.

For a first go, they did incredibly well.

We took some photos, shared the cleaning up duties, had more coffee and chocolate biscuits, did a little shopping and everyone had left by 12.40pm.

The shop had been fairly quiet all morning and most of the sales happened between midday and 1pm, so AH had a pretty boring time at the desk.

He reheated some beef casserole for lunch and I had avo and tomato on toast.

That’s when I crashed.

At 3.30pm I lay down on the bed and slept for about an hour and a half. When I woke up, I stayed in bed and that’s where I am right now!

I’m looking forward to an early swim tomorrow and soaking up sunshine/Vit D.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: