Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Not Bounding. Diving.

I slept until 9am!

Ten hours of sleep!

Unheard of.

Adoring Husband brought me bacon, tomato, avocado and coffee in bed.

I’m not sure what time I climbed out of bed, but it was after lunch and I immediately changed into my swimmers/togs/bathers and walked to the pool area.

I connected my new phone to the sound bar and played some oldies but goodies as I slipped into the cool water.

Perfection.

I swam.

I danced.

I floated.

About an hour later, I climbed out and sat in my pod chair. AH soon joined me with a plate of nibbles that he had prepared.

The psychotic dogs all joined us.

And THAT’S where the real fun begins.

Ruby walked to the edge of the pool a couple of times (I’m giggling just remembering this) and AH had little mini panic attacks calling her to come away in case she fell in.

She’s deaf and can’t hear him anyway.

At 2pm the filter, which is on a timer, came on and made a very loud sucking noise, so AH jumped up to check it out.

Before he even reached the skimmer box, there was a splash and Ruby, who is also blind, had fallen into the pool!

AH, who hasn’t even been for his first swim for the season because he thinks it’s too cold, had a bigger panic attack and immediately jumped into the pool fully clothed, to rescue Ruby!

Ruby is such a strong swimmer, he couldn’t even catch her lol.

I said to him “Don’t jump in, just wait for her to swim to the edge of the pool!”, but I was too late, he was IN!

I laughed and laughed!

It was a lazy, easy day filled with nothing else. A barbecued chop with salad for dinner.

Now there is a storm approaching and it’s almost 11pm so I’m off to bed.

I plan another lazy enjoyable day tomorrow šŸ‘

Nite all.

No comments: