Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

She’s Back!

The Gypsy is back.

We had a full house this morning and everyone was excited to return to meditation after a three week break. There was lots of chatter and lots of involvement in the subject matter. They all departed together to enjoy a coffee around the corner.

They have become a lovely little social group outside of meditation.

The Gypsy and I had a lot to catch up on and she told me all about her retreat at Leura and her new class of hoopers. I caught her up on how my obsession with art has not waned and how sore my body was after yesterday’s hooping class! I needed sympathy.

By midday, not a soul had entered the shop. Then for 45 minutes, I got hammered, followed by a few stragglers before closing time.

I had a nice visit from The Brains Trust and The Garden Guru.

Adoring Husband picked up the FROG box before coming to help me close the shop. We did some groceries before heading home.

I couldn’t quite find the motivation to swim OR get artistic so I plonked myself in my chair until dinner time when I prepared duck breast with salad accompanied by a delicious GF focaccia bread that AH brought home from The Bay today.

It was delicious and very filling.

It has now hit 10.30pm and I’m ready for bed. I’ve been up since 4.45am and I’m feeling it.

The Motivator returns tomorrow. It feels like she’s been gone for months but it’s only been just over two weeks! I’ve missed her so it will be good to see her AND it will be good to have some time off as well.

I am dressing up as a witch for Halloween tomorrow.

Had he lived, the 31st would have been Jamie’s 41st birthday. 🥳🍰🎈

Friday is Aggie’s birthday so we are celebrating over lunch. I’m looking forward to that.

Nite all.

No comments: