Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 1, 2019

Down Side

I had today all planned out.

  1. Drive into The Bay early to print out some photos for a customer.
  2. Go to the framer to drop the photos in for mat boarding and get a price on one of their framed metal photos.
  3. Pick up some super strength probiotics from Go Natural.
  4. Take my iPad in to get a SIM card.
  5. Go to the butcher to get chicken frames to make broth.
  6. Get dropped off at Goodies before midday for Aggie’s birthday lunch.
These were my obstacles.

  1. The printers have changed their pricing so ‘while you wait’ pics are now almost double the price of ‘next day’ pics. To make a profit on my pics, I had to leave them overnight, which immediately threw a spanner in my works.
  2. I visited the framer to get the price on the metallic framed photo, but the doors were locked with a sign advising they were closed due to illness.
  3. I picked up the probiotics from Go Natural.
  4. My iPad was very inconveniently left at home. Ugh.
  5. The butcher was selling chicken frames for either $2.50 (crazy!) each OR 20 for $10 so we got a giant box of chicken frames. That’s enough to make broth for a year I reckon!
  6. I DID get dropped off at Goodies before midday.
The girls and I waited for The Brains Trust to arrive before we ordered our lunch from the menu. I ordered GF Salt n Pepper Calamari which came with sweet potato fries and salad.

The waitress brought my meal to me and as I took my first mouthful, she came running back to the table declaring “I’m sorry! That’s NOT the GF calamari”

Ugh. (Insert ‘F’ word here)

I spat the mouthful out, but we all know how sensitive I am to gluten. The effects began before we even left the restaurant and have continued into this evening. Not at all pleasant but I will survive.

The GF meal was delicious and even though I was tempted to have the GF brownie with hot chocolate sauce and pouring cream for dessert, I chose to be kind to my body and not give it any more food that would be purged later!

It was a really lovely afternoon spent with fabulous company. The weather was fine and mild. The tide was high providing great water views and we got some snorting laughter. What more did we need? A happy birthday girl and a good time was had by all.

I wish we’d taken a photo!

I certainly wasn’t in any fit state for swimming or being creative when I got home but I guess I got my share of exercise trotting back and forth from the bathroom.

After a good night’s sleep, I plan on spending some quality time with The Motivator at the shop in the morning followed by some ‘catch up on my washing’ time!

Oh and welcome to November and there are less than 8 weeks til Christmas!!


Nite all.

No comments: