Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 28, 2019

The Way I Like It.

Today was just the way I like it.

Easy, relaxing and quiet.

After a less than sound sleep, I got out of bed at around 9.30am and went straight to the pool. I had to clean out all the little brown beetles first .. it seems that when the rain comes, the beetles appear ... then just like yesterday I swam some laps, danced and floated about until about 11.30am.

I sat around the pool until 12.30pm, had a shower, made a snack and I could hear the art room calling so I jumped under the shower and washed my hair before covering up with paint clothes.

Unfortunately I had some tidying up to do in the studio first and that took about an hour.

Ugh.

First I tried a ‘ring pour’ which did not go at all to plan. The colours didn’t come out very defined and I almost completely lost the beautiful metallic pink that I put in the mix. I used metallic gold, metallic pink, teal, peynes grey and white for this one ...


I decided to use the new Elmers Glue-all as my pouring medium for the next one. It was for this Halloween challenge ...


... and I did two pieces for the challenge ...



Dinner was smoked cod (poached in coconut milk) with salad.

We cleared furniture from the pool area as we anticipated a nasty storm heading in our direction, but it petered out to nothing. All we got out of it was a brief light shower.

Thank you Universe.

It’s now approaching 10pm so I’m off to bed. Big day at work tomorrow clearing out the training room in preparation for meditation on Wednesday AND hoop dancing tomorrow afternoon!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Nite all.

No comments: