Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 31, 2019

All Dressed Up

Thank you Grannymus for your message 😘

For the first time ever, in a work environment, I dressed up for Halloween ...




I bought the broom and the black makeup. Fortunately (or sadly), everything else was stuff stashed somewhere in the house that I gathered together this morning!

My efforts received excellent reviews from the staff in other businesses (who also dressed up) and from customers, some of whom took photos.

It was a fun day and those boots, which I wore for the first time today, were surprisingly comfortable!

Sales were not so good today. Lots of lookers and chatters but few spenders.

The tall boy to go with our bedroom suite was delivered today and we discovered that it won’t fit in our bedroom with the new dressing table when it arrives! So it’s home is now in the hallway outside our bedroom where it actually looks fabulous against the short wall.

Adoring Husband bought us lunch today and sat with me in the shop while we ate, which was nice.

The Motivator, when she landed back in town, dropped in for a quick visit, which was fantastic.

AH returned to help me close the shop and we were home before 3.30pm.

I checked the pool water, which was lovely but not good enough to lure me in.

I browsed my drying art in the studio and contemplated my creative options but chose to leave the room.

I changed out of my work clothes, needing AH’s help to get those dang boots off, and then once again plonked myself in my chair in front of the TV.

We enjoy watching Hard Quiz hosted by Tom Gleeson, followed by Think Tank with Paul McDermott and lastly The Chase with Andrew O’Keefe. This gives us a good 2.5 hours of education five days a week, which will hopefully hold us in good stead for our trivia nights!

Speaking of which, the next trivia night is Wednesday of next week.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. The morning will be filled with running errands in The Bay. The afternoon will be filled with birthday celebrations!

Best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: